Ideal for middle and high school social studies and history projects. Supports National History Day research for middle and high school.
A one-year subscription includes unlimited multiuser access for a single building, plus access from anywhere on any device using a username and password.
We partnered with Omnigraphics to launch FactCite Defining Moments in U.S. History to bring the complete contents of this series online, in one searchable database.
Each module features in-depth coverage of “moments” (significant events or movements) that changed the nation and the world. Each of the 30+ modules, from the Constitutional Convention to the events of September 11, 2001, follows a standard format:
- Narrative overview of events in a series of illustrated essays
- Topic Spotlights (sidebars)
- Primary Sources, carefully selected to provide context
- Biographies (notable people connected to the event or movement)
- Glossary of People, Places, and Terms
- Research Topics (ideas for students or teachers of topics to investigate)
- Resources (sources for further study)
Features of FactCite Defining Moments in U.S. History:
- Device neutral (works on any smartphone, tablet, or computer)
- Multiple ways to search: Keyword, Alphabetical Index, Event Index, and Timeline
- Audio read-along in all entries
- MLA 8 citation on every page
- NoodleTools integration
- Add to Google classroom
- Thousands of illustrations
- Primary source documents
- Unlimited access at your library or from anywhere
- Remote access included in all subscriptions